Hi, my name is Andy B* & I am the Harrogate Blogger behind Ijo Pona. I am a web designer, artist, podcaster and musician. I also find time to be a husband and blogger. I have been part of the Backhouse Marriage Experiment since 2011 – things are good on that front. We live in a small flat in Harrogate near the town centre, just off East Parade.
- I build websites at andrewbackhouse.design.
- I host the Parish News radio show.
- I am a charting Producer under the name Guerrilla Dub System.
- I am a sound artist.
- I am a founder of Harrogate Community Radio.
- I have just completed study to become a qualified mastering engineer.
- I also help host and record a weekly Roots Reggae Podcast.
About The Blog
Ijo Pona is a blog built in WordPress. This used to be a Blot website but I deleted that and set to work starting afresh. The layout is very light of the current build and things are Good. The old blog was very cool but a bit above me to get to grips with. I just couldn’t customise it to the extent I had hoped to.
About The Name Of The Blog
“What does ‘Ijo Pona’ Mean?”
The words “Ijo Pona” come from the artificial language of Toki Pona. The literal translation is “Something Good” or “Simple Thing” – both traits I hope to aspire towards. Toki Pona made an appearance on the web around the turn of the millennium. It is not intended to replace any existing language but it is intended to shape the thinking process of it’s user – much like the Saphir-Warf Hypothesis.
Comprising of only 120 words – Toki Pona is intended to have maximum expression with minimum input. Much like this Blog.